Company: Vaughn Construction
Vaughn Construction is seeking a marketing coordinator to join our 7-person marketing team in Houston. Vaughn is one of the largest construction companies in Texas, focused on building university, hospital and research buildings for commercial clients. We are a sophisticated construction manager utilizing the latest technology (including drones, laser scanners, 3D modeling and 3D printing) to plan and build high quality, enduring facilities. We employ over 800 people, including 450+ professionals and 350+ craft workers, in eight offices across the state. The marketing department, located in Houston, is responsible for developing business proposals, sales presentations, marketing collateral, and external communications pieces to assist the firm with securing new work.
The marketing coordinator position reports to the department director and works with seven other marketing professionals, and two administrative professionals. The marketing coordinator is primarily responsible for leading proposal and interview initiatives as well as other proposal support and preparation for opportunities to which they are assigned. Additionally, this person is responsible for supporting a variety of other marketing activities as requested.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead efforts to successfully respond to RFPs and RFQs as assigned.
- Perform quality control reviews of other marketing staff’s responses to RFPs and RFQs as requested.
- Lead efforts to successfully respond to short-list interviews (prepare PowerPoint presentations and produce hand-outs, coach project team on successful interviewing and Q&A techniques).
- Lead publicity efforts for awarded projects (ground breakings, topping outs, ribbon cuttings, etc.).
- Assist with maintaining marketing collateral in company database and electronic files (resumes, project sheets, and boilerplate responses).
- Assist with public relations and social media initiatives.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Desktop publishing experience (working knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop required).
- Expert knowledge of presentation software along with strong presentation design skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong editing and proof readings skills, and extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to interact directly with principals, senior project management, and staff at all levels.
- Creative, well organized, capable of prioritizing and being proactive in a busy office environment.
- Ability to maintain a strong focus and confidence under tight deadlines and varying workloads.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and respond to constantly changing needs and schedules.
Four+ years prior marketing experience in the architecture/engineering/construction industry.
Prior experience with responsibilities listed above.
A four-year bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English or journalism.
Membership in SMPS or similar professional association for career development.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.