Company: Marmon Mok
Location: San Antonio, TX
Direct Report: Director of Marketing & Business Development
Marmon Mok, a leading Texas architectural and interior design practice in downtown San Antonio, seeks a creative and professional writer to develop compelling narratives and stories for collateral material, promotional campaigns, brochures, project descriptions, proposals/presentations, website and social media platforms to support our marketing communications, promotional and branding strategies. We are looking for a Communications Writer who can utilize visuals, photography and multimedia to bring our firm’s storytelling to life with the positive impact our projects have on our clients and community. We are seeking candidates who understands newsworthiness, loves to learn with outstanding interviewing and writing skills. Please submit resume and a minimum of three writing/mutli-media samples of your work to our human resources department attention: Melissa Pinilla – Pinilla@marmonmok.com. Questions about the position may be addressed to Sally Smith at Sally@marmonmok.com or (210) 223-9492.
Marketing Promotions, Social Media, Website, Public Relations (35%)
• Create/Update social media information/lead and facilitate MM social media activities
• Create Update Web site information, integrate publications/awards/news into website. Understand SEO strategies and optimization
• Develop communications campaign calendar with ideas for e-mail blasts: project news, employee promotions, thought leadership, trade show conferences. Write and assist with developing message and content.
• Create and maintain targeted mailing lists for digital and print distribution
• Develop video content of project stories and client testimonials
• Support public relations efforts through writing press-releases, coordinating firm information with consultants and media
Proposals and Pursuit Presentations (35%)
• Work with project and marketing team to write compelling narratives, tailoring information to intended audience
• Work with technical and marketing staff to develop message and content for proposals and interview material
• Lead/support proposal and interview efforts as needed depending on marketing department workload
Marketing Department Maintenance and Organization (20%)
• Write and update collateral materials for project descriptions, proposals, website, digital and print promotional campaigns, social media, conference presentations
• Coordinate photo shoots (cost estimates, photo shot list, consultant participation, and staging and obtain approval.
• Assist and coordinate special events/conference material/collateral material (ground breakings/dedications.)
• Assist with developing the message for targeted audiences at trade shows/professional conferences
Professional and Community Involvement (10%)
• Actively involved in professional marketing/communications organizations
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite (Word, InDesign, Photoshop, Excel)
• Ability to work well with all types of people in a creative, collaborative environment
• Demonstrated writing experience in a marketing department, media or agency setting
• Strong graphic design orientation and ability to use photography and visuals
• A clear understanding and ability to tailor writing content based on the project type, message and intended target audience
• Detail oriented with excellent writing, grammar and proofreading skills
• Organizational skills, multi-tasking, self-starter, follow-through on details
• Develop creative ideas as well as listen and build on the ideas of others in the firm
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English or Journalism is required
• Minimum of 7 years creative writing experience in strategic marketing or communications is required
• Experience in creative writing across various channels – publications, social media, video, websites,
• Experience in the architecture/engineering/construction industry is desirable
• Proactive-can-do attitude
• An interest in design, photography, the built environment and how it shapes community
Marmon Mok is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, Please submit resume and a minimum of three writing/mutli-media samples of your work to our human resources department attention: Melissa Pinilla – Pinilla@marmonmok.com.